Sunday, May 2, 2010

6x1 part 2

For my own personal 6x1 followup I would want to explore media and ideas that I wanted to explore in this class but didn't get to for one reason or another. There would definitely be an animation using cut outs, a la South Park. I tried to do some of this on the multi plane animation with magazine cut outs. I also did something similar in the 48 hour video race with the pictures of Robert Downey Jr as he fights the candy bars. I think that that might be a very limiting parameter but I would be interested to see what different people came up with for ideas. I'm afraid they might all end up looking the same in so far as how the cut outs are used. The next one I would try to do would be a claymation or stop motion animation using models. I think I am attracted to this idea because there is far too much of a reliance on cg models in modern filmmaking and watching the old sci fi movies like the original star wars (before the special editions) and seing all the models of the ships and planets and death star and such has a much different effect than that of seeing cg models of the same things. I think I want to explore and would want others to explore what can be done with physical models as opposed to cg and see where they would go with it. Third would be a VJing performance. I can't actually teach this because I don't know how to do it but I would love to learn and if I learned I would pass it on to the children. Fourth would be a found footage project where only one clip per project could be in color. That just seems like cool parameters. And by in color, I mean the source material. So that most everything would have to be from before 196whatever or something that was stylistically black and white. For the last two I would want to do something with film, I'm just not sure what. I don't know enough about film and its versatility to really come up with any ideas for it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment